Saturday, August 16, 2008

Twilight/Harry Potter news!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has offically been moved to release on July 17th 2009. Twilight is taking its original release date--November 21st 2008. It i9s by far, the most ridiculouse stunt Warner Bro's. has ever pulled, all because they want the release to be a "camp out". I cried when I found out. I read it online at http://twilightsource.com and followed another link to http://http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1810 and read the full article there. I freaked and text everybody that I know loves Harry Potter. This blow to my Harry Potter crazed mind, shattered my entire world. Now Twilight is taking HBP's place and it will probably dominate the box office. This makes my heart ache and go out to J.K. Rowling.

I also listened to a Twilight podcast called "Imprint" http://http://twilightsource.com/imprint.php, and they discussed the news headlines "Could Meyer be the new J.K. Rowling?". Personally, I think it's ridiculous because their styles of writing are in completely different alternate univereses. JKR writes about Wizards; Meyer writes about Vampires. JKR writes angst/drama/adventure; Meyer writes romance/drama. You can't even begin to compare the techniques of writing. With Meyer you can expect the unexpected. With JKR you know what to expect and it happens--for example: Mad-Eye's death, Dumbledore's death, Harry being the 7th Horcrux. Meyer details Bella's every motive, every move, every thought. JKR also does the same with Harry but they have totally different personalities and live in different times, and different worlds. So the only thing you can compare the other to is the craze that their books cause in the hearts of teenage girls. It took Meyer four years to complete her saga and for her series to grow so large. It took JKR the longest time for Philosophers Stone to even get published. And it took her ten years to complete her saga.

So all in all, I love both authors. They are very detailed, have great techniques at taking us by suprise, and really know how to capture our hearts and minds with the plot and sub-plots of each tale. So I end here, very pissed off at Warner Bro's. for taking away HP and the HBP. I'm gonna go soak my sorrows in season three of Friends and some carrots =/

3 comments:

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

What??? Warner Bros. will regret this I'm sure. I think they know that everyone who is hooked on HP will ALWAYS be hooked on Potter so they are trying to "hook" everyone as hard on Twilight.....that way when they are done with HP they will still have big money in Twilight. Anyway, I think it's lame. I love HP way more than Twilight. Sorry....Twilight is too cheesy cheesy for me.....

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

When I got your text, I was like, is she messing with me? and then I got on the internet to check and I was sooooo sad. That was one movie that I was so excited to see this year.3qq3333333333333333 (that was from Wehilani). Have to go, she is freaking out.

Chandra said...

Hi girlie,
I am just getting the chance to visit your blog and I love this one. I am in total agreement with you and want you to know that I miss you and think about you a lot.
Love,
Chan (Sis. Hoyt)