Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just Little Things

So, Sunday I felt so sick, I skipped church and slept. When my parents arrived home, my loud boisterous four year old cousin yelled, "Where's Alyssa?" and woke me up. I lay still hoping she would not come in and drag me out of bed. But when Jacob asked if anyone wanted a BLT--his current favorite because we love the pre-cooked microwavable bacon--I jumped right up and entered the kitchen, asking for a BLT. Of course he "didnt hear" me, and did not make mine. We finished eating, and popped in some home videos. About half a year ago, my mom and I started to write down what is on each tape and label--by letter's--each one. We watched about four and a half tapes since Sunday and we are currently on Tape M. We are pro at watching videos. One tape was when my mom was prego with Jacob and we were at Bass Lake; me at age two and a half. It was pretty hilarious because the entire time I am saying to the camera "hi doddy". Hey, I was two. Im sure some of your two year olds talk funny. Anyway, I eventually got around to saying Hi to other people on camera. For example, Pocahontas. Remember, I was two! So we did that till dinner time and after that we changed our clothes and headeed over to the Herzog's for a farewell party in honor of the leaving Ronk's.

So we arrived and the first thing we see is Wehilani in her little pushing cart thing that someone has to push (it was fun though). When you stop pushing her, she points in what direction she wants to go in. So I hung out with Preston, Derek, and Jacob on Jen's fabo tramp. I had dirty feet after that. So, then I hung out with Chloe on the hammock playing American Girl dolls. She's an adorable little girl who loves to take the lead. Soon, I had Nora Roberts all over me staring intently at the chihauhas next door (really annoying snippy dogs, yuck!). She was amazed at them and kept calling Nelly over, saying "Elly!". It was cute. The night died down and I got back on the tramp, discussing The Dark Knight with Mike Grimaldo. Tommy Francis got on with the one kid who does not like me. I will crack her I swear I will. It is currently my life mission ;] Anyway, I ended up asking Kamile a bunch of questions about the houses she found for us in Oregon. We all talked (about the guys' obsession with guns ha!), laughed, and basically had a good time.

Now, let us talk about Oregon. I hear its pretty, and its slower paced than sunny ole' California. Today the weather in Oregon City (where we are looking for houses at) is a nice ole' 70 degrees. Perfect! Well, the idea of moving scares the crap out of me, and also excites me. Leaving California would be very difficult because so many of my friends are here and so is my family. I think what I am mostly worried about it losing all of my kids. I live to babysit, I really do! I would hate to leave all my parents hanging! I'll miss taking the toddlers to nursery and watch them ditch primary (Jake =/). It would mostly be the hardest thing to do because of school. I will be in the eleventh grade (a Junior) this year, and since my mom would not want to move in the middle of the school year, it would most likely be the summer before my senior year. Crazy right???

Saturday morning Jacob, my dad, and I went to see The Dark Knight at the theatre. The 11:50 showing was sold out so we hung around in the theatre waiting for the next showing. It was--so far--the best movie I have seen all year, although I really loved 27 Dresses. The action was better and more intense and the plot never faltered. We all learned in school that the outline of a story is like a Witch's hat, the exposition and climax and falling action I mean. But there was like ten climaxes! So the Witch's hat was zig zaggy the whole way through. There were parts when you thought it would end, but it kept on going! So I recommend seeing it. I give it an A++++. Jacob said A-, but he's a weirdo.

1 comment:

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

Hey I LOVE your blog! Yay for you! It was fun to see you and have you entertain my kids at Jen's house.