Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gina's Birthday

So July 23rd was my mom's birthday. Jacob, his friend, and I stayed up till 5:30 am decorating the kitchen, cleaning the kitchen, and making her birhthday cards. I used forty-two elbow macaroni's to word out "42". Very creative right? I had told her I would make a macaroni something for her, and I did! So anyway, daddy woke me up the next morning to help him finish making breakfast. We ate yummy wheat pancakes, bacon, and eggs. So then we cleaned and daddy left for work for a couple of hours and we all got dressed and ready. My mom and I left for Michael's and Party America so I could shop for camp stuff (I leave for Ontario's Girls Camp on Monday the 28th. Write me a letter please!). I bought a bunch of candy necklaces and glow sticks. Anyway, we stopped by Dollar Tree and got a birthday balloon for my great grandpa who shares the same birthday as mom. He passed away November 14th 2005 and we visit his headstone (grave sounds soo scary!) and talk to him. This time we all went and we took a picnic. You always hear about ants ruinging picnics and Ive never experienced that until yesterday because when mom was cleaning Tata's (that's what us grandkids called him) stone, she "disturbed" the ant hill. Smoooooth move mom. Anyway, we finished up and came home; since I had stayed up soooooo late, I knocked right out on my bed and I woke up when Lori Lopez and kids came over.
They baked (yummy) chocolate cupcakes for her and visited and soon Sister Ishii came over. Very nice mormon women, hah? So I woke up and came out to see everyone. Serenela helped wash and peel apples so I could start the apple pie filling I made for mom's birthday. I make a good apple pie. Ha, and Dayna Pew say's Im modest. Silly, silly Dayna. Well, then Jaocb and daddy got dinner ready and we had yummmy steak and potatoes (daddy), and theee best corn ever (Jacob; its at Stater Bro's and we seriously get all excited whenever we have it). So we let mom sit and talk to Brother Lopez on the phone while we all cleaned. A bit later mom took us to the Hudrliks for a movie night and Manny's birthday. We watched Ice Age 2: The Meltdown on their brick wall with a projector and it was super fun! Lisa Kaplan, Jessica Herrick, and I had soo much fun using all the "mean" comments the animals made on each other. So, thats basically it.

Today was nothing special. I had a Dr. appointment to finish my allergy testing. I needed 15--that's right 15--injections on my left arm. They used a histimine first to see if I would react and I did, so they rolled up my sleeve and continued. Good grief it hurt sooo much! I could actually feel the substance entering my system and it wasn't pretty! So my mom took a picture and sent it to my dad but he didn't really care at the moment. So right now as Im finishing making dinner, Im posting this and putting a picture of my shots :]

2 comments:

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

So Happy Belated birthday to your Mom! How nice those mormon women are! Very cool. Nice shots on your arm by the way.....very sexy. OUCH!!!

Rachael said...

How sad, Cody got 2 shots last week, so the kids very seriously felt sorry for you. Are these to test what the rashes were from? or have you always been allergic?? We miss you guys! Happy belated bday to your momma! Man I miss the ward!Everyone is so sweet!