Saturday, June 21, 2008

Girls Camp

I have recently returned from Girls Camp for the Upland Stake and am exhausted! The theme for 2008 was "Lights, Camera, Action!". We arrived Monday morning and returned Friday afternoon. Sister Joy Toth (Purple Heart) made many changes and broke traditions but it went very well. Over all, it was okay. I gave camp a B- because drama ruined it, and hives made it itchy. I could seriously turn my name in for "Most Hives In Ten Days". President Hulet came up with his wife to talk to the Young Women about the For the Strength of Youth standards. Bishop and Sister Ishii, and Brother and Sister Robert's and their children arrived on Thursday night for Testimony Meeting. It was very spiritual and overwhelming. They gave us very thoughtful gifts and a wonderful talk. On the last day, Upland II Ward was presented with a blow up Oscar Award for winning the Ward Certification Challenge for the first time in 12 years!Also, the Camp picture does not include me and my mom.Sorry!Oh! The letters I sang for: Rachael Saline's, Jacob's, my daddy's, Sister Patrick's, Sister Thomas's and, Jesse Tuttle's.

Pictures:

1. Me, Lisa Kaplan, Anise Cobb, and Emily Herrick at the camp fire before Pres. Hulet's talk.
2. The counselors and Y.C.L's trashing the K.I.T. cabin.
3. Me, Kelsey Flanagan (Razmatazz), Bri Papavero, and Jessica Platts (Bumble-Bee) singing to our cabin leaders.
4. Anise and Avery Cobb, Jessica Herrick and I waiting for the bathroom.
5. Renee and Heather Herrick, Anise Cobb and I with the plaque we've never had in 12 years!