Saturday, June 21, 2008

Closing Ceremonies

Today was Upland American Little League's closing ceremonies. The temperature outside was 111 degrees. It was real hot. Im suprised I didnt get sunburned. There was a Carl's Jr. truck selling food; which was a little more expensive than it should have been. All the Minor and Major teams stood in the field for an hour in the intense heat. Once they finished awarding the trophies to the teams, they called the 12 year-olds and All Star teams out and recognized them. There is one girl on the 12 year-old All Star team who is very good (see below picture). One of the mom's, Sarah, and I purchased waters and cups of ice for the boys who fought over them. When it was time to leave, I went to retrieve my purse but it was gone! I started to freak because it my iPod and glasses, make up and snickers bars in it! Then one of the other moms gave it to me, saying it was payback for being "mean" to her.

Pictures:
1. The entire 12 year-old All Star team. Jacob is in the right corner.
2. A few of the 12 year-olds who have finished their last year in UALL.
3. Jacob with his two trophies.
4. Jacob, my mom, and I after the ceremony.






4 comments:

Nicole Shelby said...

welcome to the blogging world!

looks like your life is going well...and lots going on!

Rachael said...

Alyssa! Dont be mean!

Kira said...

Yeah! I am excited to see more of the Ruiz family pics!

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

What a cute little family!!